Broadband with requirements

Discuss all World Wide Web, Internet and general networking news, reviews, problems etc.

Broadband with requirements

Post #1 by snips86x » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:37 pm

Hi :)

I'm getting my own place and move in on 1st November. Currently there is no support for Fibre so I'm limited to ADSL2+, which will be fine for the time being. I'm looking for a broadband provider who will allow the payment of the line rental up front. Last time I did this I was with PlusNet and it was about £142 for the year - this is fine.

I have spoken to Sky and they don't discount for a bulk line rental payment and wanted £196 :eek: Seeing as I'm going to be living alone, I'd rather save than waste money so Sky can do one, unless they get back to me with an offer I can't refuse - the bonus was a free Galaxy Tab 4 :p

So, what providers out there are you using or would recommend? I would consider any and my only requirement is as above.

Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Re: Broadband with requirements

Post #2 by Frenzic » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:28 pm

I use to use sky but they throttle your connection peak time (5.30 pm - 11.30 pm) so i went with BT who are brilliant and dont throttle since they own all of the equipment, lines etc. BT is your best bet mate. I live in the sticks and get a good connection with them, and im a few miles from the exchange. Not sure about the upfront payment though, you would have to ring them :)
i7-4930K @ 4.4GHz|ASUS RIVF|Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti WF OC SLI|
16GB HyperX Beast 2400MHz|Corsair H80i|Corsair RM1000|
OCZ-Vertex450 256GB SSD|Corsair Carbide 500R|BenQ XL2720T

Return to “Internet & Networking”