[code][/code]

My X99 has some problems

The place to discuss all topics relating to Motherboards and RAM.
Silent_Scone
Private
Private

Re: My X99 has some problems

Post #51 by Silent_Scone » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:36 pm

Just referencing the above, I spoke to Praz who is an ASUS rep who had this to say regarding it:

1.16V VCCSA wouldn't bother me. If you have cache speed clocked high lowering it may allow for less VCCSA. If you have tightened up some of the secondary timings relaxing them may also help. A lower memory speed with tighter timings can also possibly allow for a lower VCCSA voltage.

lmao, to anyone who saw a random quote there, it is actually where I'm remotely connected to some twisted old **** who had clip boarded a message to a dating site.

He used to have a bought and paid for Russian bride. Lucky I wasn't sending a fcking' work email!

Menthol
Corporal
Corporal

Post #52 by Menthol » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:07 am

meankeys wrote:Well I setup my RVE and 5960 with corsair dominator platinum 2800 mhz ram. All seem good during my normal testing and setup. I basically run everything at default settings and start bumping up the multiplier. Ram is set at XMP. I took it to 5100 mhz @ 1.335v by then my digi+ cpuLL 6

First problem ROG connect doesn't work. (also tried turboV not working)
2nd problem my bios settings dont seem to be saving unless I save to a profile and hit it a few times.
I haven't taken the cpu voltage above 1.5v yet but did a run of HWBOT PRIME @5100mhz @ 5200mhz when I reboot the board does a double boot and then pops a Q code 00. I am bumping up the voltage each time. I have set the boot voltage to my running voltage and I did bump up the current to 130% At that point I have to clear bios and load my saved profile and try again. Just curious if anyone else is having these problems. I am still in test mode so these problems could be me and not my HW
Thanks for your input
Fran

meankeys,
What have you figured out and got working and what have you not?
If you are connecting your laptop thru ROG connect, it is a little fuzzy connecting, sometimes I have to push and hold the button in for quite a few seconds, other times it connects right away.

I had to try bios 0802 since others seemed to have trouble with it, flashed with USB flashback, booted without any noticeable issues, applied my fairly easy overclock 4.6ghz with 1.35 volts, 44 cache at 1.3 volts, (haven't even tried lower volts here) 3200mhz RAM with the bios memory profile of 4x4 single sided Hynix 3300mhz 1.5 volts, and no noticeable issues, steady as a rock.
3 GTX 980's and this was just enpugh to take top Realbench without any OS tweaks whatsoever, all default services running on Win 7x64

Hivizman
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Post #53 by Hivizman » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:42 am

Can't help but wonder if a cut down OS is the cause of this. All those applications require some form of .Net to be installed and MEI too I think.

Keep your nuts safe

There is a forgotten, nay almost forbidden word, which means more to me than any other. That word is England.
Sir Winston Churchill

meankeys
Corporal
Corporal

Post #54 by meankeys » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:56 am

Menthol wrote:
meankeys,
What have you figured out and got working and what have you not?
If you are connecting your laptop thru ROG connect, it is a little fuzzy connecting, sometimes I have to push and hold the button in for quite a few seconds, other times it connects right away.

I had to try bios 0802 since others seemed to have trouble with it, flashed with USB flashback, booted without any noticeable issues, applied my fairly easy overclock 4.6ghz with 1.35 volts, 44 cache at 1.3 volts, (haven't even tried lower volts here) 3200mhz RAM with the bios memory profile of 4x4 single sided Hynix 3300mhz 1.5 volts, and no noticeable issues, steady as a rock.
3 GTX 980's and this was just enpugh to take top Realbench without any OS tweaks whatsoever, all default services running on Win 7x64

I still have problem with rog connect its 1/2 working. did nor try the 802 bios. running my cache on auto at the moment. 5200 mhz is my wall last night benching for KOH I had to run vantage / firestrikex / wprime 1024 @ 5000 mhz. still tweaking. still learning this board.

congrats on top spot RB - you know ill have to try again :mrgreen:

meankeys
Corporal
Corporal

Post #55 by meankeys » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:04 pm

well I am back on the 0603 bios. still rog connect still not working. (Anyone using rog connect on the x99 having problems?) Seems RC-remote works my voltages are wrong cpu voltages reads 1.850v Rc- poster not working. I tried installing AI suite and asus probe II did not help. my cache is set to 35@1.265v and hard set my timings 15-15-15-36 I notice on this platform the voltage shown in cpuid (vcore) is solid as on my other boards it will float a bit depending on llc settings. not sure if thats good or bad. I managed to pull a 149550 on Realbench I lowered my vcore and raised my freq. a bit.

Menthol
Corporal
Corporal

Post #56 by Menthol » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:46 pm

Very nice RealBench score maenkeys, not sure why your having the issues with your bios and connect.
When I first got my board, the USB flashback port was not working, would not recognize anything so I was flashing my bios from within the UEFI. after updating the bios to 0007, that port was working and my board seemed to settle down and was easier to overclock, bios 0008. and up didn't do anything for me as far as being any more stable or anything, the only reason I updated to 0802 was a post by Gunslinger saying it an update for some people having some RAM issues, he didn't state what issues.
Again, RealBench so close to 150K, 8 Hawell cores = lots of power, I am a little surprised that they are clocking as high as they are considering the 2 additional cores and extra heat generated, a very fun platform for 3D benching, or just very fast for daily use

WhitePaw
Corporal
Corporal

Post #57 by WhitePaw » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:48 pm

i would like to get a 8 core, but the pricetag.. /(%/(%(

it "seem" like the 5820K average roof is is around 4700mhz-4800mhz on water (40%-45% OC) / XTU, i can be wrong tho

5820K dont like it above 70c-80c, as it seem

Still waiting for a new bios version, the white-coats better swing the wand
Last edited by WhitePaw on Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

1Day
Sergent
Sergent

Post #58 by 1Day » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:59 pm

I am hoping to get a X99 system in the next few weeks looking forward to playing with you big dawgs. :)
Music is the pleasure the human mind experiences from counting without being aware that it is counting.
Gottfried Leibniz

WhitePaw
Corporal
Corporal

Post #59 by WhitePaw » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:00 pm

one day.. :D :D

we are not big, we are broke and on baked canned beans 24/7

Even Heinz is luxury.. Fridays only!!!

Within the price range / budget->

=

Hivizman
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Post #60 by Hivizman » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:14 pm

My missus does not allow me baked-beans any more, says it is because she has to sleep with me... Not sure what that is all about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkrF_P6fet0

Keep your nuts safe

There is a forgotten, nay almost forbidden word, which means more to me than any other. That word is England.
Sir Winston Churchill

Menthol
Corporal
Corporal

Post #61 by Menthol » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:30 pm

meankeys, sorry buddy 149k doesn't get you top RealBench score anymore, memory timings my friend memory timings

Paw, I don't know the average for 5820k but my sample is a weak one, or maybe this is how Intel gets rid of their crappy silicon

WhitePaw
Corporal
Corporal

Post #62 by WhitePaw » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:45 pm

Menthol wrote:Paw, I don't know the average for 5820k but my sample is a weak one, or maybe this is how Intel gets rid of their crappy silicon

my thought also

1Day
Sergent
Sergent

Post #63 by 1Day » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:48 pm

The silicone hierarchy is in the following tiers.

Server CPUs
X- CPUs

Then depending on how good the yield has been by cores for the K processors. Again the higher specced K's are better base silicon. And thanks to Scott Pendry from Intel for sharing this with us.
Music is the pleasure the human mind experiences from counting without being aware that it is counting.
Gottfried Leibniz

meankeys
Corporal
Corporal

Post #64 by meankeys » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:05 pm

Menthol wrote:meankeys, sorry buddy 149k doesn't get you top RealBench score anymore, memory timings my friend memory timings

Paw, I don't know the average for 5820k but my sample is a weak one, or maybe this is how Intel gets rid of their crappy silicon

Nice one Menthol. What took you so long :o No seriously this bios is driving me nuts. I wonder if I got a couple bad chips. Whats the handbrake error ? voltage

Menthol I have noticed that your timings are tighten I figured thats why you keep pushing it with a lower clock. Very nice

meankeys
Corporal
Corporal

Post #65 by meankeys » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:47 am

@Paw cup a noodle... 8-)

I am so tight on funds my Azz squeaks :roll:
I am so tight on money I cant even pay attention. :lol:

meankeys
Corporal
Corporal

Post #66 by meankeys » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:50 am

I received my new replacement board from Newegg today. Getting her setup and ready to rumble. Once I get a feel for her Ill be ready for some Nov. KOTH fun.

1Day
Sergent
Sergent

Post #67 by 1Day » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:41 am

meankeys wrote:I received my new replacement board from Newegg today. Getting her setup and ready to rumble. Once I get a feel for her Ill be ready for some Nov. KOTH fun.

Looking forward to it.
Gottfried Leibniz

Menthol
Corporal
Corporal

Post #68 by Menthol » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:18 pm

Excellent meankeys, hope everything works as it should

meankeys
Corporal
Corporal

Post #69 by meankeys » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:27 pm

Well that you mention it. I set everything up and it was doing the same thing. I would set my bios settings up and boot to windows. On every reboot I would get a 00 Q code and the board would try three times to boot and shut down. As I was scratching my head telling my self theirs no way I got two bad boards. Then it hit me M.2. I purchased a M.2 drive which i cant seem to get working. I pulled the M.2 drive and all seemed to go away. it was getting late and didn't get to test it further. I will keep you posted.

Hivizman
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Post #70 by Hivizman » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:30 pm

Your CPU is f****d.

Borandi at Anandtech.com had the exact same thing with his first retail CPU. RMA time.

Keep your nuts safe

Sir Winston Churchill

nickolp1974
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Post #71 by nickolp1974 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:58 pm

Got some very strange stuff happening since i installed these 5870's yesterday, was fine last night and just started pc now or should i say tried, i eventually got it into bios and it was very slow and jerky, checked all settings and they were fine, booted up got to bios splas and cpu overvoltage flashed up, went back into bios and even though it was set too 1.4v its avtual was 1.85v!!! :o i have cleared cmos and i'm back in windows testing, what the hell caused this, imagine if it killed my chip?? Would Asus replace it with an equivalent clocker?? This is the first time something like this has happened oh yeah one more thing, when it finally got into windows it is now saying windows is not genuine!! (Win7 pro x64)
WTF :evil:
Last edited by nickolp1974 on Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Menthol
Corporal
Corporal

Post #72 by Menthol » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:59 pm

Ouch, that hurts

meankeys
Corporal
Corporal

Post #73 by meankeys » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:49 pm

@ Nick... Those dam gremlins

@ Viz Bit your tong. I hope not this is a good clocker.

Hivizman
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Post #74 by Hivizman » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:51 pm

BWHAHHAHAA nothing worse than hearing a CPU is not happy. But on the upside I received a RMA from Intel yesterday. Took 5 working days so very impressed with them.

Keep your nuts safe

Sir Winston Churchill

Silent_Scone
Private
Private

Post #75 by Silent_Scone » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:51 pm

lol Nick that is a gremlin and a half.

Been having real trouble on the memory front last couple of days. Sticks just won't do what they were doing before, only thing that seems to help is putting more volts through them. Funny thing is they were running 1.36v so it's not as if I was ramming it through them. Baffled

Return to “Motherboards & RAM”