[code][/code]

First gaming rig in 8 years. Mini style!

Discuss and share your customised PCs, modifications and other projects.
TheMadDutchDude
Corporal
Corporal

First gaming rig in 8 years. Mini style!

Post #1 by TheMadDutchDude » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:30 am

Hey guys,

As Andy was ever so kind to donate all of this water cooling gear to me (for the most part), and he asked for a build log, I threw together a quick build log of my new rig. It's still a work in progress, as it is missing an i7 of some sort and my GPU is off for RMA, but here's how it looks so far.

What board other than the Maximus VII Impact would be best suited for a mini-ITX build? None, of course!

The Corsair 250D, stripped and ready for some hardware installation to take place... at some point!

My bench area needs a tidy up. It isn't usually this bad. I promise! :lol:

The most tidy part of my room is where I keep the boxes for some of my hardware.

Anyway, back to the build. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough room to use both the 240mm and 140mm that Andy sent me. I had nowhere to mount either of the reservoirs that were given to me which meant I had to remove the front fan which had the 140mm rad bolted to it. There just wasn't enough room for such a large res - such a shame!

The first bit of tubing went in!

I was going to stick with just the Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, but I found a 500GB drive laying around; so I decided to chuck that in as well for no other reason other than I could.

Here's how it looks in its current state. I'm waiting on my water block for the CPU to arrive, and then I will be able to finish the loop.

I found this picture of my sisters new puppy on my phone too, so I thought I'd upload a non computer pic too! :D

So, until the rest of the gear arrives... that is all. I told you it would be quick. :D

ALXAndy
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Re: First gaming rig in 8 years. Mini style!

Post #2 by ALXAndy » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:44 pm

Sweet ! I love that res haha.
Alienware Area 51 2014.

OverFienD
El Presidente
El Presidente

Post #3 by OverFienD » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:15 pm

Cool beans, i really do love mini pc..the only problem is hiding the wires which is a pain..good luck with the build.
i7-4790k//MSI Z97 MPOWER
8GB G-Skill DDR3-2666//R9 290 Windforce OC

CPU-i3 4130 @3.4//Asrock H81M-ITX
Case-Coolermaster 120
//PNY Geforce 460 GTX 1GB
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197971927155/

Hivizman
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Post #4 by Hivizman » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:31 pm

Feel guilty now as I am holding you up.

The bulk of the water cooling stuff (your water block) will be here Friday. By then I hope to have found a suitable CPU for you too.

Keep your nuts safe

There is a forgotten, nay almost forbidden word, which means more to me than any other. That word is England.
Sir Winston Churchill

TheMadDutchDude
Corporal
Corporal

Post #5 by TheMadDutchDude » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:45 pm

ALXAndy wrote:Sweet ! I love that res haha.

Likewise, Andy! It's not ideal but it had to go there. I misinterpreted how big the res itself was, which means it couldn't go where I originally wanted it to be. :oops:

OverFienD wrote:Cool beans, i really do love mini pc..the only problem is hiding the wires which is a pain..good luck with the build.

That was my thinking. There is literally nowhere to hide the sodding things.

Hivizman wrote:Feel guilty now as I am holding you up.

The bulk of the water cooling stuff (your water block) will be here Friday. By then I hope to have found a suitable CPU for you too.

No need to feel guilty, Dag! The block turned up on Tuesday (to my surprise) so it is getting there slowly. The pump does however have a massive issue with (I'm guessing) head pressure as it barely moves any water around the loop. I'll look into getting it replaced if it does cause an issue with temps. The water still flows, so I am hoping it'll be enough.

Return to “Customising, Modding & Project builds”