[code][/code]

How To Make A Benchmark Table ?

Discuss all PC Operating System and general software news, reviews, problems etc.
(Game discussions should be posted in The Games Room forum)
Dicehunter
Private
Private

How To Make A Benchmark Table ?

Post #1 by Dicehunter » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:16 am

So I'd like to do my own user review on the Corsair Titan X bracket from Corsair when I get it later next month, Everything from installation before and after shots and I'd like to make some benchmark tables for temps etc...

Here's an example of the style I'd like -

If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be grateful :)

ImageImage

Hivizman
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Re: How To Make A Benchmark Table ?

Post #2 by Hivizman » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:39 am

Most folks like to see the graphs next to each other, especially when only comparing two products. What that does is allow them to directly see as a visual representation the difference between the two. And this mechanism is what dishonest reviewers exploit. It is easy to show a 10 point difference as being a huge hight or length difference on a bar graph. But is a 10 point difference big when we are talking number of the thousands or ten of thousands.

My advice is represent the data in a way that makes sense to you, and in the way that you personally find is the most accessible and obvious. Always look at what you produce through the eyes of the reader. They have no background, nor any real context to how the data was derived nor what it means. So keep stuff simple and that way it works.

Keep your nuts safe

There is a forgotten, nay almost forbidden word, which means more to me than any other. That word is England.
Sir Winston Churchill

Dicehunter
Private
Private

Re: How To Make A Benchmark Table ?

Post #3 by Dicehunter » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:44 am

Open office calc seems to work nicely, thanks for the input :)
ImageImage

Return to “PC Software”