Reduced size or sound?

Discuss all PC hardware news, reviews, problems etc.

Reduced size or sound?

Post #1 by richardjparsons » Wed May 10, 2017 10:53 pm

I've had ATX boards and cases with an increasing number of fans as long as I can remember, so much so that the noise is getting pretty ridiculous. So I thought, why not get a mATX board, case, and liquid cool the CPU to reduce it a little bit, and avoid having a full tower.

After doing some searching and picking out most of those things, I noticed mATX cases generally tend to have one exhaust (at the back), and that would be used up by the CPU cooler. The only way to solve said issue is to get a full tower case, with more exhausts, where I may as well get an ATX board, at which point it hasn't reduced the noise or size at all.

Can anyone think of a way of doing it, other than fully liquid cooling everything?

Intel i5 @ 3.4 Ghz with Noctua Cooler, 4 x 4 Gb Hyperx Blu, Asus 4 Gb GTX 970, Asus Z87-A Mobo, 3 x 465 Gb SSD, Windows 10 64-Bit, Corsair RM750, Thermaltake Suppressor F31
Steam - Rjparson | Uplay - Richard_Parsons | Origin - RichardJParsons

Re: Reduced size or sound?

Post #2 by adolfalexander » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:56 am

I saw mATX cases by and large have a tendency to have one fumes (at the back), and that would be spent by the CPU cooler. Dissertation .The best way to explain said issue is to get a full tower case, with more depletes, where I should get an ATX board, and soon thereafter it hasn't diminished the clamor or size by any means.

Return to “PC Hardware”