[code][/code]

Finally i have gsync :) my first impression

Discuss all PC hardware news, reviews, problems etc.
syks
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Finally i have gsync :) my first impression

Post #1 by syks » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:59 pm

today I took delivery of my new acer predator 27" 144hz 1080p gsync monitor,i made sure all settings were correct in NVidia control panel then whacked the refresh rate straight to 144hz like you do,more excited than oliver twist receiving his first xmas prezzie I loaded up battlefield 1 and got ready for this smooth as butter awesomeness that I have been hearing about...I chose conquest and when the map was loading I thought "whats this I see?" as 3 tears ripped across the screen at the same time..thats never happened before?..the game loads and OMFG!! tear city!!!!!! I was getting more tears than I ever got on my other monitor! balls the gsync must be screwed..so..i went back and made sure gsync was coming on..yep it was,what could the matter be,this isn't the Nevada of blissful gaming I have heard so many boast about.

loading the game up again after checking and double checking gsync was activated I noticed tears even on the menu! WTF!! I couldn't understand what was wrong so I went to the in game settings and changed the refresh rate from 60hz to 144hz..fingers crossed I loaded up a map again praying it would work..whats this?..YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS...no more tears and silky smooth gameplay,having the refresh rate set to 144hz in NVidia control panel and it being set at 60hz in the game settings was the problem lol I just wish someone had told me,all the tutorials ive seen don't mention to make sure you change your in game refresh rate to match your monitor but then again I suppose its obvious to most people except me lol

now I am gaming in glorious buttery smooth heaven :mrgreen: gsync really is amazing! everything is soooooooo smooth with not a hint of a tear or stutter..im not sure I could ever go back now..the acer predator is an amazing monitor and I would say the colours are as good as my old ips monitor I was using,the contrast is better! the quality of picture really is great and overall I'm now absolutely LOVING my new monitor :).....I just wish my whole experience didn't start off so frustrating and bad lol

moral of this long winded story that I could of probably said in half the page space is...if you switch to gsync make sure your in game refresh rate matches your settings in NVidia control panel or you will have a bad frustrating experience like me lol

skylake i3 6320
msi x2 armor gtx 970 4gb
8gb ram
windows 10

whyscotty
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Re: Finally i have gsync :) my first impression

Post #2 by whyscotty » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:38 pm

Enjoy
6900K - 4.4 :D
Asus X99 Strix
Corsair ROG Dom Plats 3200
Intel 750 400GB
1080 Classified
Phantek Glass

OverFienD
El Presidente
El Presidente

Post #3 by OverFienD » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:03 pm

Lol sometimes it's just a nice simple problem. No excuses on battlefield now you should play like a pro ;)
i7-4790k//MSI Z97 MPOWER
8GB G-Skill DDR3-2666//R9 290 Windforce OC

CPU-i3 4130 @3.4//Asrock H81M-ITX
Case-Coolermaster 120
//PNY Geforce 460 GTX 1GB
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197971927155/

syks
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post #4 by syks » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:17 pm

lol I think I will always be boringly average on battlefield no matter what the upgrade :) I'm more than happy if I come in the top 10 lol
skylake i3 6320
msi x2 armor gtx 970 4gb
8gb ram
windows 10

Return to “PC Hardware”