When To Upgrade My System?

Discuss all PC hardware news, reviews, problems etc.
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:25 pm
Location: Kent

When To Upgrade My System?

Post #1 by Hunter » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:55 pm

Hello Midlifers!

I'm thinking about upgrading my system soon. Not sure if I should wait until the next-gen of releases or just pull the trigger now. I'm not an avid gamer, but I do have spells when I game for months on end, then get bored and run off for a year or so and then come back to it again. I've got one build under my belt.

8320 @4.8
CHVFZ mobo
8gb 1600mhz
250 evo SSD
3TB hhd
Cosair 550r carbide
Sold my 7990's and stuck in a 5450 lol

Now I'm going to sell my monitor and get a 1440p 27-34 inch, I want to experience the next level ups of res during my next gaming charge.

So my question is...Shall I upgrade my system now, or wait and see what happens when Zen and Vega shakes things up a bit? I'm not in a hurry either way.

Thank you, and best regards.

Dave :)

User avatar
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Posts: 1362
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:01 am
Location: Woodbridge, United Kingdom

Re: When To Upgrade My System?

Post #2 by Frenzic » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:20 pm

If you are in no hurry then wait for a bit, thats what i would do :thumbup:
i7-4930K @ 4.4GHz|ASUS RIVF|Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti WF OC SLI|
16GB HyperX Beast 2400MHz|Corsair H80i|Corsair RM1000|
OCZ-Vertex450 256GB SSD|Corsair Carbide 500R|BenQ XL2720T

User avatar
El Presidente
El Presidente
Posts: 2965
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:00 pm
Location: Parts unknown

Re: When To Upgrade My System?

Post #3 by OverFienD » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:28 pm

I would wait....5450 might be a sticking point for me lol...
i7-4790k//MSI Z97 MPOWER
8GB G-Skill DDR3-2666//R9 290 Windforce OC

CPU-i3 4130 @3.4//Asrock H81M-ITX
Case-Coolermaster 120
//PNY Geforce 460 GTX 1GB

Return to “PC Hardware”

  Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests