[code][/code]

TeamGB and MSI - Cambridge 2015

Discuss overclocking and share your benchmark results...
Hivizman
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

TeamGB and MSI - Cambridge 2015

Post #1 by Hivizman » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:31 pm

MSI OC Academy UK Tour

The event will take place in Cambridge from the 17th – 19th April 2015.

Team GB Benching is all about promoting benching in the UK regardless of which HWBOT team you bench you will be welcomed at any Team GB event. The event is for the professional benchers; the not so experienced and the veterans; it is for the first timers who have never clocked hard before in fact this event is for everyone. But hurry there are limited tickets available.

There are only 20 tickets available.

Each ticket entitles the holder to entrance to the event.
All the Ln2 they can use.
Hotel accommodation for the Friday and Saturday nights.
All hardware will be provided, but you can bring your prized CPU or VGA to bench.
Entrance to the introduction to Ln2 and sub-zero benching course on the Saturday morning. Successful candidates will receive their level 1 certificate at the awards dinner.
A place at the Team GB Benching awards evening dinner, hosted by MSI. Sadly your drinks are for your own account.
Transport to and from the hotel and venue will be provided so there will be no need for any driving, you can just enjoy your weekend.
To secure your place please book ASAP at events@UKbenching.co.uk or hivizman@gmail.com
A booking fee of £10 is payable on booking via paypal hivizman@gmail.com. Please include your forum user name, full name, mobile contact number and a working email address if different from the one you use with paypal. This booking fee will be refunded if you are not successful in being allocated a ticket. All tickets are on a first come first serve basis.

What on at the meet and how do I watch it.
The event is going to be slightly different this time around. The weekend will be running two congruent streams. There will be organised event benching in teams and individual bench offs. Grab the opportunity to bench with the pro’s. That does not mean that free benchers who just want to bench their own hardware will be unwelcome, far from it. Get your ticket and you can bench in the manner that suites your mood. We would like all participants to get into the activities of course and have a bit of fun while benching up a storm, and participants will be eligible for some of the great prizes that are up for grab.

On offer to bench with will be MSI X99 systems with Intel® Core™ i7-5960X Processor under the hood, GSkill DDR4 3000MHz memory and a set of the awesome MSI Lightning’s that were only available to the Pro benchers. Now it is your turn to bench with the some of the best kit available. The Z97 platform is not being neglected and Intel were kind enough to send us 10 samples to play with, again GSkill are the memory providers.

OCTV and OCN are partnering up to deliver the best possible viewing experience with more than 8 camera’s and a dedicated commentary team providing insight to the action. Ask your favourite bencher those difficult and embarrassing questions during the interview slots. The stream will be available on HWBOT and OCN check the forums for more information closer to the time.

Team GB Benching have arranged a pretty exciting itinerary that will push the competitors ability and skills to the limits, while you the viewer get to call the shots. Decide what bench the teams have to do in the different rounds of the competition, the viewers will get to set targets for the benchers to achieve.

Think you know your benching? Well predict the winning score or winning time and win a prize. Select the correct round winner and you stand a chance to win. Get the correct winner of each round and walk away with the accumulator prize at the end of the day. Plus there will be a winner for the correct prediction of the overall weekend champion too.

Every viewer who participates will be eligible for the random prize draws that will be sponsored by our wonderful partners. But that is not all, this year the viewers are going to have a say in who gets a wild card entry to the singles knockout cup and pick the teams for the final bench off.

Stay tuned to see who all will be attending the event, there are four media representatives who will be getting cold in Cambridge and there are some special guests from overseas joining in the fun too. Maybe, just maybe a four way VGA world record or two will be broken live at the meet. Are you going to be there?

The Team GB Events Team

Tickets will be available from Tuesday 9am UCT

Keep your nuts safe

There is a forgotten, nay almost forbidden word, which means more to me than any other. That word is England.
Sir Winston Churchill

Gavbon
El Presidente
El Presidente

Re: TeamGB and MSI - Cambridge 2015

Post #2 by Gavbon » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:38 pm

You can 100% confirm I will be going :)

Wing me info to pay ;)

Hivizman
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Post #3 by Hivizman » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:42 pm

Bonneh wrote:You can 100% confirm I will be going :)

Wing me info to pay ;)

Looking forward to seeing there mate, here you go.

A booking fee of £10 is payable on booking via paypal hivizman@gmail.com. Please include your forum user name, full name, mobile contact number and a working email address if different from the one you use with paypal. This booking fee will be refunded if you are not successful in being allocated a ticket. All tickets are on a first come first serve basis.

Keep your nuts safe

There is a forgotten, nay almost forbidden word, which means more to me than any other. That word is England.
Sir Winston Churchill

Gavbon
El Presidente
El Presidente

Post #4 by Gavbon » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:07 pm

Hivizman wrote:

Looking forward to seeing there mate, here you go.

Feeling is mutual mate :)

Payment/details sent :)

Hivizman
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Post #5 by Hivizman » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:03 pm

Confirmed Gav ;)

I will be sending out a small questionnaire to each successful ticket holder. Please fill it in and return to me ASAP. We will be using that information to embarrass you on live steam. :mrgreen: I would also like to have a 1 minute video (assuming we all have a cam on our systems or can get to one) that may be used during the event to introduce you during the different activities. This is a bit of fun for sure but it also has a more serious side to it. There are going to be heaps of vendor representatives at the meet and they will get to know you and you will get to know them. Plus some guests from over seas too. 8-) So get into the swing of things and you will have a blast.

Busy toying with the idea to make Saturday a fancy dress day, Romans and Gladiators being the preferred theme = you guys up for that?

Keep your nuts safe

Sir Winston Churchill

OverFienD
El Presidente
El Presidente

Post #6 by OverFienD » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:10 pm

I am sure I can dress up as Biggus Dickus  :P
i7-4790k//MSI Z97 MPOWER
8GB G-Skill DDR3-2666//R9 290 Windforce OC

CPU-i3 4130 @3.4//Asrock H81M-ITX
Case-Coolermaster 120
//PNY Geforce 460 GTX 1GB
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197971927155/

nickolp1974
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Post #7 by nickolp1974 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:17 pm

Fancy dress???? Really??? dont want to be getting any LN2 any where near my helmet :o

Hivizman
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Post #8 by Hivizman » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:43 pm

The thought of Ln2 on the helmet is just to awful to even contemplate. :|

Keep your nuts safe

Sir Winston Churchill

kimandsally
Corporal
Corporal

Post #9 by kimandsally » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:52 pm

Hivizman wrote:The thought of Ln2 on the helmet is just to awful to even contemplate. :|

The wife had a growth on her ear the doctor used a LN2 gas which froze it and it fell off, so I wouldn't want any even near my helmet I'd like to think there is still some use left in it. :mrgreen:

Although I have a huge tummy and a bucket full on there would come in handy.

Arne Saknussemm
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Post #10 by Arne Saknussemm » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:49 am

Hmmm seems like they should update the urban dictionary to cover that eventuality

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Cryo-Cock

Hivizman
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Post #11 by Hivizman » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:23 pm

There is a term for that already Arne, it is called old age.

Just a heads up there are still two slots unallocated.

Keep your nuts safe

Sir Winston Churchill

Luumi
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post #12 by Luumi » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:51 pm

All that, amazing. This would never happen here, you make me so angry now that I can't attend :D.

Hivizman
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Post #13 by Hivizman » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:51 am

Luumi wrote:All that, amazing. This would never happen here, you make me so angry now that I can't attend :D.

Why not? See what kind of cheap flights you can get.

Keep your nuts safe

Sir Winston Churchill

Luumi
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Post #14 by Luumi » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:07 am

Nah I got things to do at that weekend, otherwise I would consider coming for sure. I hope many guys from our forum will though as its perfect situation to test ln2 overclocking.

ObscureParadox
Corporal
Corporal

Post #15 by ObscureParadox » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:08 pm

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

LN2 meets are a blast and I'm sure one at a pub is going to be even better. Just so that everyone is clear now I drink abbot ;)

Hivizman
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Post #16 by Hivizman » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:39 pm

Will post up some photo's next week after I come back from doing an on site inspection with what is on the pumps.

Keep your nuts safe

Sir Winston Churchill

ObscureParadox
Corporal
Corporal

Post #17 by ObscureParadox » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:27 pm

Hivizman wrote:Will post up some photo's next week after I come back from doing an on site inspection with what is on the pumps.

I like your priorities Dagmar, a man after my own heart ;)

kimandsally
Corporal
Corporal

Post #18 by kimandsally » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:37 am

Hi can you tell me if the evening meal is also at the Boathouse please, and also do we have 2 nights of get togethers or 1. Thanks.

Hivizman
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Post #19 by Hivizman » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:12 pm

The awards dinner is at the Boathouse. Normally there is no set eating rule but based on other meets we tend to stick at the venue after the benching have a few pints eat a meal and then wander off home later. Certainly the first night, Friday night, the guys like to catchup and meet the new faces. So in essence there are two nights yes.

Keep your nuts safe

Sir Winston Churchill

kimandsally
Corporal
Corporal

Post #20 by kimandsally » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:26 pm

Hivizman wrote:The awards dinner is at the Boathouse. Normally there is no set eating rule but based on other meets we tend to stick at the venue after the benching have a few pints eat a meal and then wander off home later. Certainly the first night, Friday night, the guys like to catchup and meet the new faces. So in essence there are two nights yes.

It gets better and better, do you have any tips for lottery numbers Dagmar :mrgreen:

topdog
Private
Private

Post #21 by topdog » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:21 pm

I'll be there too, bringing the Mrs with me this time

Thanks to Hivizman, RawZ and everyone else for organising this, it'll be a blast

Hivizman
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Post #22 by Hivizman » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:59 pm

gavbon
HiVizMan
RawZ
driftingforlife
borandi
Bulldog239
ObscureParadox
Enterprise
OverFienD
Gregster
kimandsally
nickolp1974
Admiral Huddy
kitfit1
8pack
debauer
K404
massman
xayla
topdog
rbby258
Jumper118

This is what the line up is looking like.

Keep your nuts safe

Sir Winston Churchill

topdog
Private
Private

Post #23 by topdog » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:11 pm

We need more ln2 :)

nickolp1974
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Post #24 by nickolp1974 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:35 pm

topdog wrote:We need more ln2 :)

certainly looking that way! :shock: We must hold Dagmar back from wasting by pouring it over his arms :lol:

OverFienD
El Presidente
El Presidente

Post #25 by OverFienD » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:54 pm

I need to go with someone who know what they are doing,because i don't have a scooby doo what to do,apart from standing at the bar looking cool 8-)
i7-4790k//MSI Z97 MPOWER
8GB G-Skill DDR3-2666//R9 290 Windforce OC

CPU-i3 4130 @3.4//Asrock H81M-ITX
Case-Coolermaster 120
//PNY Geforce 460 GTX 1GB
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197971927155/

Return to “Overclocking & Benchmarking”