[code][/code]

ps vita thoughts?

Console gaming discussions. (No PC gaming talk)
pgi947
Sergent
Sergent

ps vita thoughts?

Post #1 by pgi947 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:23 pm

Looking to get something more hand held I can just pick up for a quick game now and then, getting to my pc while my little lad is about has become a non starter and I despise the majority of shite my Mrs intends to watch on tv...

Anyone had any hands on experience with one? I'd mainly be using it for fifa and borderlands, seen some used ones (older oled versions too!) Going for between £50-80, worth a punt?

4770K @ 4.7ghz - Z97 Xpower AC
8GB Trident-X 2400mhz
780 Phantom GLH SLI
Antec HCP Platinum 1000w - 3 x 256gb SSD
XSPC H2+

Tonester0011
Corporal
Corporal

Re: ps vita thoughts?

Post #2 by Tonester0011 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:41 am

Worth a punt, if you're anything like me you'll get bored of it quickly.
I bought mine for traveling abroad, waiting on ferries, second driver etc etc.

It now sits in a drawer not been used in while :D
Turns out browsing the forums is more enjoyable than playing games, weird.
[url=url]

Hivizman
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Post #3 by Hivizman » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:28 am

Just get a second PC or pick up a gaming laptop. I saw the range that YoYo Tech are about to get in stock and for the price it is very good. Speak to Kevin about it, but a second PC for the lad is the answer.

Keep your nuts safe

There is a forgotten, nay almost forbidden word, which means more to me than any other. That word is England.
Sir Winston Churchill

Synozix
Private
Private

Post #4 by Synozix » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:53 pm

If you are set on a handheld thing such as that or the Nintendo consoles then at least you can getting little cartridges to download games on and the R4 card for the Nintendo ones for example are around £10-15 then unlimited game access, providing its a good port.

As for the PS Vita, it depends on the type of games you enjoy playing as again a huge difference between Nintendo and Sony. I think you could get the Razr handheld cheap which plays PC games I think? (need to look into what it plays) otherwise for in my case I'd go Nintendo 3DS or something as I prefer Mario/Zelda game types on handhelds but you need to look at the game choice to see which would do you better!

Rusty
Corporal
Corporal

Post #5 by Rusty » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:39 pm

I love my Vita but the games on it are quite poor IMO. There's a handful of must plays but once you get past those you're somewhat scraping the barrel. Great piece of kit though.

I probably would have sold mine on some time ago but my GF bought me it for my birthday when it came out so would be rude to :lol:

pgi947
Sergent
Sergent

Post #6 by pgi947 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:55 pm

Can't build him a pc yet as he's only 18 months old and obsessed with the on/off switch on my machine, which also rules out a gaming laptop as he'll see the keys and want to press them :P

As for games the only things that have taken my fancy are probably fifa and borderlands 2, how well does the stream feature work from a ps3/4?

As for Nintendo, not much appeal for me with those, I'd probably play Mario kart/party and smash brothers and ultimately end up bored of it or loosing it to my Mrs :lol:
8GB Trident-X 2400mhz
780 Phantom GLH SLI
XSPC H2+

Synozix
Private
Private

Post #7 by Synozix » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:52 pm

As Rusty said the games are quite poor which is why I recommended Nintendo but I am a fan of their old school games! As for the streaming I've seen it done on phones so I'm sure the Vita can handle it but someone can comment on that.

18 months is nothing! I was building my first one when SuffolkBoy upgraded many years back and I got his old bits with the huuuuuuge zalmon (think it was that) cooler! You could get the kiddo one of those Vtech things which would keep them occupied and give you gaming time ;)

pgi947
Sergent
Sergent

Post #8 by pgi947 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:10 am

Think I'll leave it for now, inevitably it will end up shoved in a draw and forgotten about (like my psp).

Think I'll save up and get a shield, worst case I then end up with a decent tablet :)
8GB Trident-X 2400mhz
780 Phantom GLH SLI
XSPC H2+

Synozix
Private
Private

Post #9 by Synozix » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:20 pm

Much better choice, controller also and stream your games :D

Return to “Console Gaming”